- This event has passed.
September 2, 2017 - September 30, 2017
Call to Art: Deadline–Friday, August 18th @11pm
Exhibition Dates: September 2nd-September 30th
Location: The Hive–195 U.S. 206, Chester, NJ 07930
Warrior Women is a tribute to women as pillars of strength. Women must battle unique challenges specific to them and their gender on a regular basis. From battling social norms, mansplaining and general daily sexism, to balancing careers, motherhood, and keeping personal identities intact. We seek interpretations from personal warrior stories, to iconic warriors of history, whether trailblazers in science, art, etc., or inspiring fictional women as well. Who or what inspires you as a Warrior Woman?
• This exhibition is open to any artists that are able to drop off and pick up their work in person (no work will be accepted through mail).
• All mediums will be considered.
• Artists must submit work through the Art Hustle submission form on the website www.arthustle.net by Friday, August 18th, 2017 at 11pm
• If accepted, the artist agrees to pay a $15 hanging fee.
• If work is sold, The Hive is given a 30% sales commission.
- Accepted entries may be dropped off at The Hive in Chester on August 28th-30th
- Accepted work must be wired and ready to hang (if your work is not properly wired you will be charged an additional $15 fee).
• All artwork must be identified on the back with the artist name, title, and price.
• Artist must sign an artist agreement at the time of drop-off.Other Considerations:
While every precaution and great professional care will be taken in the handling and installation of artwork, the curator and venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to entries. Artwork is not insured by us. By submitting artwork to this exhibition, each artist agrees to these conditions.
• Submission Deadline: Friday, August 18th @11pm
• Notification of accepted work: Sunday, August 20th
• Drop off of accepted work: August 28th-30th
•Opening Reception: Saturday, September 2nd
- Closing Reception: Saturday, September 30th (artists may take unsold work at the end of the reception—no one will be able to take work before the end)
- • Additional Pick-Up Dates: October 1st-2nd
If you have any additional questions contact Christy O’Connor at email@example.com