- This event has passed.
Beware the Beasts Below
July 17, 2017 - July 28, 2017
Call For Entries: Beware the Beasts Below–Deadline–Wed., July 5th @11pm
Curated by: Christy E. O’Connor of Art Hustle
Exhibition Dates: July 17th-July 28th
Location: Atlantic Highlands Arts Council 54 First Avenue, Atlantic Highlands, NJ 07716
Beware the Beasts Below is a tribute show to sea creatures, both mythical and actual. The deep sea holds a mystery, darkness, danger, and beauty to it. We are seeking work that embodies those elements, while showcasing ancient sea mythologies and real-life deep sea discoveries in the modern age. From mermaids and sea serpents, to jellyfish, cephalopods, and sharks, Beware the Beasts Below.
• This exhibition is open to any artists that are able to drop off and pick up their work in person (no work will be accepted through mail).
• 2-D and 3-D work in any medium.
- As this is a family friendly location, work will not be considered if it is deemed sexually explicit or offensive in any way.
• Artists must submit work through the Art Hustle submission form on the website www.arthustle.net by Wednesday, July 5th, 2017 at 11pm
• Accepted entries may be dropped off at The Atlantic Highlands Arts Council on Thursday, July 13th 4pm-7pm or Saturday July 15th 10am-2pm
• Accepted work must be wired and ready to hang (if your work is not properly wired you will be charged an additional $15 fee).
• All artwork must be identified on the back with the artist name, title, and price.
• Artist must sign an artist agreement at the time of drop-off.
• If accepted, the artist agrees to pay a $15 hanging fee to Art Hustle.
• If work is sold, Atlantic Highlands Arts Council is given a 30% sales commission.
While every precaution and great professional care will be taken in the handling and installation of artwork, the curator and venue will not be held responsible for any loss or damage that may occur to entries. Artwork is not insured by us. By submitting artwork to this exhibition, each artist agrees to these conditions.
• Submission Deadline: Wednesday, July 5th @11pm
• Notification of accepted work: Sunday, July 9th
• Drop off of accepted work: Thursday, July 13th (4pm-7pm) Saturday, July 15th (10am-2pm)
• Artist’s Reception: Friday, July 28th 5pm-8pm (artists may take unsold work at the end of the reception @8pm—no one will be able to take work before 8pm)
• Pick-Up of Work: Sunday, July 30th (10am-2pm)
If you have any additional questions contact Christy O’Connor at firstname.lastname@example.org